Woohoo and holy cow! I was just nominated for a Liebster Award from fellow blogger Lindsay Gray at The Leaking Boob. Lindsay is a new mom who shares her stories, recipes and insights as she navigates the choppy waters of new motherhood. Thank you so much Lindsay! I am honoured.
Liebster Awards go to “up and coming” bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award are unclear and are simply given by fellow award nominees to blogs that inspire them and that they enjoy reading. “Liebster” means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome in German.
When you receive a Liebster Award, you have to give 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions posed by the nominator, nominate 11 other blogs, and pose 11 questions for your nominees. Here we go…..
11 Random Facts about Myself:
1. I once won an award for being the first person in my breakdancing class to do the worm.
2. When I was little I wanted to be an singer….and maybe secretly I still do.
3. I have a racy sense of humour and I love to play practical jokes.
4. My maternal grandfather was a gold miner in northern Ontario.
5. My lucky number is 3 and my 3 kids are my greatest joy in life.
6. My husband and I were prom king and queen at Gananoque Secondary School.
7. Potato chips are my kryptonite.
8. My parents told my sister and I that if we ate candy before noon we would get worms. And I believed them until I was 19!
9. I have an Honours degree from the University of Western Ontario in english and drama.
10. In grade 5 I went all the way to the Ontario finals in public speaking with my speech on Bob & Doug McKenzie.
11. I wear yoga pants at some point pretty much every day.
11 Questions from Lindsay:
1. Favorite book: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
2. Favorite online shopping site: Saffron Rouge
3. Happiest childhood memory: Christmas in Virginiatown
4. Biggest goal on your bucket list: Spending a month in Italy with my family
5. One place you’re dying to travel: Australia
6. Biggest inspiration: People who remain open to change, to keeping an open mind and to seeing things from a different perspective at any age and stage of life
7. Favorite season: Spring
8. Biggest pet peeve: Negative people
9. One person you would like to meet: Louise Hay
10. Age when you got your first cell phone: 32
11. 3 words to describe yourself: curious, creative and determined
7. Mommy Laughs
9. Fried Tofu
10. Selah Koile RHN
11. Om Girls Guide
11 Questions From Me:
1. If you could have one superpower – what would it be?
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
3. What are your top 3 books of all time?
4. What are your top 3 movies of all time?
5. Which celebrity would you most like to have dinner with?
6. What makes you laugh the most?
7. What is the best joke you’ve ever heard?
8. Who inspires you?
9. What did you want to be when you were a child?
10. What is the most interesting place you’ve ever travelled to?
11. What are you most grateful for?
Thanks again Lindsay! And I appreciate the opportunity to pay it forward.