Pancakes are a favourite in my house. The kids are strangely subdued when I bust out a new Green Smoothie recipe (some might say grim actually) but they are guaranteed to jump for joy when pancakes are on the menu. And really – what’s not to love? Hot fluffy buttery cakes piled high on a plate drowning in sweet maple syrup…..heavenly!
But if you know me you also know that I am always trying to revamp recipes to make them healthier. And to be honest – sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I have made my fair share of lumpy, sticky and tasteless pancakes in an attempt to eschew the traditional boxed pancake mixes.
In honour of “Pancake Tuesday” I thought I’d spare you one of my so-so recipes and instead share 10 sure-fire recipes that were developed by other very talented health-conscious bloggers. I have made and devoured a batch of each of these recipes and I can personally vouch for their amazingness so pick the one that appeals to your taste buds and get flipping:
1. Hormonal Balance Blueberry Pancakes by Meghan Telpner
2. Gluten-Free Whole Grain Chia Pancakes by Dreena Burton of Plant-Powered Kitchen
3. Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes by Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows
4. Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Pancakes by Sondi Bruner
*Photo Credit: Sondi Bruner
5. My Favourite Vegan Pancakes by Amanda Maguire of Pickles & Honey
6. Loveliest Lemon Vegan Pancakes by Kathy Patalsky of Healthy Happy Life
*Photo Credit: Kathy Patalsky, Healthy Happy Life
7. Peach Pancakes by Thug Kitchen
8. 7-Ingredient Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles by John and Dana at Minimalist Baker
9. Even Better Potato Pancakes by Deb Perelman at Smitten Kitchen
10. Coconut Flour Banana Pancakes by Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health
So get out the maple syrup and whip up a stack of delicious and healthy pancakes. And for inspiration check out my latest batch – not half bad tasting and as my daughter pointed out “look mom – this one is pooping a heart!” I took that as a good sign ; ) Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone!